Friday, January 16th, marks my one year Optifast anniversary. While this is a great occasion to cheer, I have to admit that I’ve found myself slacking and lacking since the weekend. Perhaps it’s the bitter cold weather and my primal urgings to bulk up against the cold, or perhaps I needed a break in my normally healthy routine. Whatever the reason, I’ve been kind of naughty this week. Saturday was my last gym visit, I’ve eaten several meals that certainly aren’t on my plan, and raided my daughter’s “hidden” stash of Christmas chocolates in the freezer. (Did you know that just one Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel square has 80 calories? They look way too small to be that dangerous!)
Today, I’m catching myself before I fall into a sea of subs, burgers, fries, chocolate, and hopeless inactivity, because, unfortunately, it is easy to go there even after so much work to reach my goal weight. I’m determined to check myself before I wreck myself and here’s my plan:
- Forgive myself and cross my name off of the naughty list
- Get out my measuring cup, measuring spoons and food scale–and use them.
- Start packing my lunch, dinner, and snacks when I go out. Relying on finding something healthy at a restaurant isn’t working as well as knowing the exact calorie count and portion size of what I pack.
- Find some new ways for my husband and I to have fun when we go out. (Any suggestions, blogging buddies?) Lately, now that it’s so cold out, our dates have all been in restaurants.
- Make an appointment with my trainer. While my weight loss doctor and counselor provide polite, verbal motivation, my trainer, Olivia will give me great advice while kicking my ass into shape. Truthfully, sometimes I just need my ass kicked.
- Reduce the size of my nut sack. I LOVE nuts and derive a portion of my daily protein intake from them. However, I know I’ve been overdoing it with my nut grazing lately. Instead of storing my daily serving in a sandwich bag, I’m switching to the smaller snack-sized baggie. Even though it’s smaller, the fullness of the baggie makes me feel like I’m having a bigger serving. (Hooray for ample nut sacks!!)
- Get the junk out of my house. I know I’m not good with resisting temptation when it comes to snack foods. My best bet in avoiding them is to not invite them into my house in the first place.
Speaking of anniversaries, my very first blog-iversary for The Ravenously Disappearing Woman is coming up on January 25th, and I’m trying to decide the best way to celebrate it. Any good ideas? Perhaps I could have a contest? Maybe I could post some bikini shots? (totally joking– I haven’t owned a bikini since the 90s!) Maybe I could do a video post, or perhaps something crazier! I welcome your good ideas–the more outrageous–the better!
Now, enough of this fun; I need to go work out! 🙂